In the summer, air conditioning is not only a comfort, but a necessity. But what happens if our air conditioner stops functioning as well as it used to? Your air conditioner may be working, but it’s also possible that it’s running at a low capacity. Perhaps you’ve noticed an increase in your energy bills, your thermostat cycling a little too frequently, or your air conditioner producing unusual noises. As per the expert AC contractors Dover, none of these items should be overlooked.
People are looking for heavy-duty ways to reduce their expenses and fix most of their products on their own during this difficult moment. In this post, you will learn about air conditioner efficiency strategies that will help you avoid breakdowns, save money, and extend the life of your air conditioner.
7 ways to Improve Efficiency
With the arrival of warmer weather, we’ve compiled a list of 7 simple ways to enhance air conditioning efficiency in your house to get the most out of your system while keeping your costs down.
- Clear Your Indoor Vents: One of the most important strategies to avoid stifling, heated air in your home is to maintain airflow. Your vents should be as clear and unclogged as possible to help with this. Dust, pet hair, and other airborne particles accumulate faster than you may imagine, so regularly sweeping your vents’ air filters is critical.
- Use a filter and vacuum indoor vents: You must do two things to ensure that your heaters and air conditioners function properly. Installing a high-quality air filter inside will help decrease difficulties with clogging debris in the air filters while vacuuming vents will aid in fresh airflow.
- Change Your Air Filters: It’s critical to check your air filters regularly and replace them if they start to look filthy if you want to get the most out of your HVAC system. Change them at least every three months, according to Energy Star. This process will enhance the performance of your air conditioner and the quality of the air in your home.
- Cover Your Windows: The scorching sun can easily stream in through your windows and bake the inside of your home. It’s fine to leave one sunny window open for your basking cat but to improve air conditioner performance, and it’s ideal for covering as many as possible.
- Operate Your Thermostat Successfully: You would set your thermostat as high as you feel comfortable in the summer. Even a tiny difference in temperature between inside and outdoors can make it cheaper on air conditioning.
- Use Ceiling Fans to Increase Air Conditioning Efficiency: Ceiling fans can help circulate cold air and make a space feel more comfortable. They’re also highly energy-efficient, utilizing only a fraction of the power of a 100-watt light bulb. This minor adjustment can significantly reduce the load on your air conditioner.
- Keep lamps and other heat-producing appliances away from your thermostat: Heat-producing devices close to your thermostat will suggest that the air inside your home needs to be cooled more, forcing the system to run harder and work even harder than it needs to.
According to HVAC service agents, consumers pay more on repair costs than the real cost of their cooling equipment due to poor maintenance, and this poor maintenance costs them a lot of money in electricity bills. Contact us Air Doctorx to know how to enhance the effectiveness of your air conditioning system and lower your costs for your AC repair Dover.