There are Four Ways you can Prevent This Problem and Maintain the Efficiency of Your AC:
Change Air Filters
There are three recommended durations for air filter replacement.
Replace the air filter once every month if:
- You live in a highly polluted area.
- You or anyone from your family suffers from asthma or allergy.
- You have multiple pets at home.
Replace the air filter once every 60 days if:
- No one at your home suffers from chronic illness or allergy.
- You have only one pet home.
- You live in a less polluted area.
Replace the air filter once every 90 days if:
- There are no issues that cause allergies or other ailments.
- You spend most of your time outside and keep your AC off.
AC works more efficiently if filters are clean. Air filter replacement is essential for AC condition, indoor air, and your health.
Clean The Outdoor Unit
You can use a cleaning spray or a normal detergent to clean the AC unit. If dirt particles are stubborn and sticky, use a water hose. Protect coil fins and wires while cleaning the outdoor unit. If you find bent coil fins, you can straighten them up using a fine comb.
Schedule Seasonal Diagnosis Test
If you find any of the points mentioned difficult, let Air DoctorX Heating and Air Conditioning handle your AC unit. We are a certified, insured, and experienced group of technicians.
From HVAC maintenance and repairs to geothermal heating and carbon monoxide detection, we offer a wide variety of comfort solutions. Our services are available in Dover, Bear, Greenwood, and nearby areas. Schedule service and book our technicians for furnace or AC servicing in Dover.